Saturday, May 31, 2008

Churning Stomach...must be close to race day

First race of the season tomorrow. It is just a sprint distance and not on my calendar as an "A" race but it is the first race and I want the experience to be positive. I am trying to just chill and use it as a way to iron out the kinks in my race plan for the Olympic "A" race June 22. I will go this afternoon to the race site to get body marked and swim the full course one more time. This will be my first race with a wetsuit so I am praying that I will be able to get the damn thing off of me in T1 before the race has ended and the race officials pack up and go home.

If you don't hear from me in a few days someone please come help me out of the damn wetsuit.

I am covering my arms and legs with PAM (the oil spray) Yuck! I hear it is helpful for yanking off the suit.

10 teammates are racing which is cool. We will all go get breakfast afterwards. I am honored to be a part of this team but these girls and boys are FAST and last year 5 of the girls placed in the top 10.

Off to review my lists and start packing up...

Will update after the race

No comments: