Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ironman Canada and this morning's swim

Got up freakin' early for a 22 mile bike around Lake Sammamish and then a 30 min swim in the Lake with several team mates. The water feels a bit warmer and we ended up swimming the better part of a mile. It felt really nice.

I am going to a clinic tonight on the Issaquah race course to go over transitions between the swim and bike/bike and run. It is hard to believe that my first race of the season is on Saturday!

I am excited and a bit nervous but mostly excited. It is just a sprint distance which is a 1/4 mile swim/15 mile bike and 3.1 mile run but you need to do it balls out so it is intense. In the 1/2 ironmans you have time to settle in a recognize that it will be a long day. Sprints are just adrenaline filled chaotic races.

As we are nearing June I am getting a bit nervous about the 1/2 Ironman. What was 8 weeks away is now 5 and I am having a bit of anxiety. My coach has be basically busting ass between now and then so hopefully I will feel a bit more secure in a few weeks.

I have started planning out the Summer and staring at me in August is my trip up to Ironman Canada in Penticton. I need to be on site in order to sign up for 2009. I feel sweaty just thinking about signing up and committing to it but I know myself well enough to know that if I sign up I will find a way to put in the training and do it.

A nice long swim tomorrow and some rest on Friday and I should be ready for Saturday morning.

No comments: