Tuesday, May 6, 2008

First Post!!

I have moved over from Livejournal where I was posting entirely too much to all of my friends about my triathlon addiction. I wanted a space dedicated to my triathlon journey and quest for Ironman in 2009 so here it is.

I entered the world of triathlon last year after losing 90 pounds and looking for a goal to keep me motivated athletically. I signed up for the Danskin on a whim and fell in love from the moment the goggles were first kicked off my face in the open water swim. I have only completed TWO sprint triathlons but I have been training hard with my team and I am set to conquer 2 sprint tris, one Olympic distance and 2 half ironmans this year.

I will travel to Penticton in August to watch Ironman Canada and sign up for the race next year.

Whatever keeps me off the couch.


I will detail my weekly training and racing here so I have something to look back at to see how far I've come.


Today's workout:

1 hour strength swim w/2000 yards total
36 min tempo run
30 min strength training and core workout

No comments: