Saturday, May 10, 2008

I done been healed, y'all!

Went out for a SLOW 2 hour run today. I covered maybe 12 miles but I kept my heart rate way down to 10 below AET and kept it totally at a conversational level. I followed Runner's World suggestion and used a hot wet towel on my calf this morning to wake it up. I then wrapped it and just went slow on the pancake flat run.

After I warmed up about 10-15 min into the run I removed the wrap since it bothered me and felt no pain for the duration of the run. Unfortunately I tried Cliff Shot Electrolyte today in Cran-razz flavor which basically tasted like berry-licious seawater so at about mile 6 I threw up.

But...I have no calf pain and that rocks. Got home and iced it just to be cautious.

Tomorrow we start at 6 a.m. in Lake Stevens to do the full 2 loop course again. 58 miles followed by a 6 mile run. I will hobble to the car and drive right to the pro club for a nice Mother's Day hot tub and sauna.

When I come home the kids should have the house cleaned!! Bliss.

It is going to be a good weekend

No comments: